Objectives: To learn basic understanding of child development from ages 0-18.
- Understand how child development occurs in typical and atypical order
- Utilization of five different child development models
- Brain development through child development
- Family influence on child development – nature vs. nurture
- Culture, Socio-Economic status, Gender, etc. influences
Participants MUST purchase before attending first day of training:
Ray, D.C., (2016). A Therapist’s Guide to Child Development: The Extraordinary Normal Years. Routledge. NY, NY.
In class participation is expected and dependent on the pass/fail “grade” of obtaining the final CEU certificate.